Our overall mission is to connect people to our state parks, but our focus and passion can be narrowed down to a very specific task – to help children fall in love with mother nature and all she has to offer. We do that by connecting them to the state parks through educational programs in their schools
With this as our primary initiative, the goal is to provide transportation and program support to schools, increasing the number of K-12 students who are able to experience an authentic learning environment at our Kentucky State Parks and Historic Sites.
Once in the parks, a world of learning begins as young people discover their natural, cultural and historical heritage; participate in volunteer and service-learning activities; enjoy recreational opportunities and most importantly, begin a lifelong relationship with our Kentucky State Parks.
Inside Out Education: Grant Information and Teacher Resources Grants are awarded based on the following criteria:
- Educational goals and instruction plan
- Budget – matching funds and/or other available resources for field experience
- Financial or other special need
- Thorough completion of application and communication with KSPF staff
- Grants are ONLY applicable for trips to the Kentucky State Parks and Historic Sites.
- Grants are to be used during the 16-17 school year, including 2017 summer programming
- Funds are provided as reimbursement pending approval of the application
- Reimbursement requires completion of assessment forms within 30 days of the field experience